Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Attribution links to Homegrown Images in VoiceThreads

Question:

When you are using home grown media in voice thread do you just leave the link blank for every picture, since there is not a link for them?


Answer:
Yes.

If you want to provide a credit link to your own website, you certainly can do that. Sometimes I use images I posted on Flickr, and then provide the link back to that photo. When you provide an attribution link like that for others, you are permitting them to get more information about the source of the image. I've had people contact me via Flickr and ask to use my photos in commercial print publications as well as online journals / blogs. When it's your image, it's up to you. You might want to "claim" it, however, so others will know exactly who owns it and where it came from!

This evening my 6 year old wrote a short 4 page story, and we recorded her reading it using VoiceThread. Since I posted these images to my own Flickr account, in a new Flickr "set," I was able to readily import these into VoiceThread and it AUTOMATICALLY made those attribution links for me! This is really slick. This also works for other media you directly link to within Flickr, like the NY Library which has thousands of available images.


No comments:

Post a Comment