Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Your Google ID

Question:

I am not sure what my Google ID is.  I think it is the id (the e-mail address I entered) when I set up my blogger account but I am not sure.  Is this correct or do I do something else to get a google id?



Answer:
You are correct, if you sign up for a Google account with another email address then that email address is your "Google ID." You'll use it each time you log into Google to use your Blogger account or do anything else which requires a Google account.

Alternatively, it is possible to sign up and create a Gmail account. In that case, your Gmail ID / email address serves as your Google ID.

Either of these options will work fine for this course. I personally love Gmail for several reasons, but you do not have to create or use a Gmail account for this class if you don't want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment